Sunday, May 1, 2011

Introduction

My life seems to be in a state of constant flux right now, and I've found that during other times of upheaval journaling has helped me sort out the thoughts running through my head.  Although I don't consider this project a journal per se, I did want to share this particular experience with the world because it shows--I hope--that we can all reinvent ourselves at any given point.  I'm also curious to see what lessons I can learn from this whole project.

I found online the other day a website that gives out prompts for creative writing assignments.  Before I go any further, I want to make an explicit shout out to http://creativewritingprompts.com/ for planting the seed of this assignment in my head.  Because I have some new-found extra time on my hands, I'm hoping to write as many of these different prompts I can and see what stores pop up.  And because I haven't done any kind of creative writing in the past (except for those assignments in Middle and High School), I decided to simply start at prompt #1 and go down the list. 

This exercise isn't meant for final production, nor do I intend to do anything more with it than simply allowing those who wish to take a glimpse at the hopeful progress that I'm making throughout the length of the project.  This is just another outlet to express oneself and I hope the outcome is enlightening and pleasurable for both the reader and the author.  So sit back, relax, and enjoy your featured presentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment